View Single Post
Old
07-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Ginu

vCash: 500
I understand those who said that they don't want to sign Doan because we're far from challenging and this just ruins our draft position next year. I get it. But why do you think we won't challenge? What were our problems last year?

We missed grit and size - Prust, Armstrong and to an extent Boullion offer that. Doan would too.
We miss a top 6 winger with size - Doan would be that guy.
We're missing a third pairing defenseman with size and power - we're still missing that.
We're missing size down the middle - we've Galchenyuk and, even though he's not our #1 center next year, he's in our system now.

With four signings, we would contend. I don't really see the hole in the lineup that prevents us from challenging. It's a new season starting October. Yes the Rangers beefed up, the Penguins are great. We won't win the Cup. Our size down the middle is still lacking until Galchenyuk is ready. But do you not cover your holes when you have an opportunity to?

Going into this off-season, I hoped that we'd get a big center, grit and more beef on the backend. We addressed most of that. If we sign Doan, I don't see how with a clean slate we're not at least in the top 6 in the conference.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote