View Single Post
Old
07-28-2012, 02:32 PM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverapa View Post
It would be interesting if you told us what you mean. I've been to Riga and visited hockey games and have seen a few games on TV from the KHL regular season and the playoffs and KHL teams under top 12 in the league (Riga, Minsk, Barys, Amur and even further down the list) are around the same quality as mid-bottom SEL I think. They are in my opinion around a playoff spot in SEL but has no chance at all of winning the SEL championship.

Take a look at Latvia earlier this year in WC, where they played quite bad and even lost to Norway (who took most of their players from SEL). They had a lot of players from Dinamo Riga but struggled the whole tournament. Their fans were great though, probably the best in Stockholm together with the German fans.

I don't mean to bash Riga and those other KHL teams completely. I like KHL and I love to go to Riga and watch games, but it is still interesting to compare different leagues from eachother.
Pretty fair post and I can't say you far off the truth but in my opinion Dinamo Riga would beat our last year's national team quite soundly. Our roster in May was embarrassing.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote