View Single Post
Old
07-28-2012, 05:42 PM
stlweir

vCash: 500
This Blues mgt and ownership has learned that you build primarily through the draft. Of course you need to draft successfully - the Blues yes, Columbus no. I went to my first Blues game in 1968 or 69 and have seen the changes in ownership, different mgt philosophies and the lack of financial stability. This Blues team has the most talent since the Federko days but back then finances forced the trades of Mullen, Luit and throughout the Blues history #1 picks have been dealt in an effort to make the playoffs for the additional revenue. There has been bad Karma too with Gassoff, Phil Roberto, Doug Gilmore and Wayne Babych.

Some may be dissapointed that no free agents were signed but look at this young team. Look what last years team did and the Blues enter this season with the Tank and Schwartz. Stability is underestimated by fans, owners and GMs. This will be one heck of a season if healthy. Watching recently posted highlights has me pumped all the more. I think Cole will be fine and Tarasenko will be among the top 4 in scoring for the Blues. If I'm not mistaken the Blues get no revenue from concessions and parking. That is a huge amount of revenue they should be getting but aren't. This ownership group wants to win but they have both hands tied behind their backs. They have done a great job signing their core players. Let's hope more than a couple of this years draft picks become productive NHLers because that is what it takes to keep this train rolling. Let's go Blues!

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote