Thread: Speculation: Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
07-28-2012, 07:19 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Well, you can consider it whatever you like, I couldn't care less. There is just as much/little substance from both sides, don't you dare to present Flyers as some sort of unbiased, rational side because you're not that (because we all FANS).

And I've never said Ryan >>>> Voracek, in fact I've never given any number of > in Ryan vs. Voracek.

Look, Ducks fans have much less interest to trade Ryan than Flyers fans have. This is all about some people thinking that the Cherry Hill native has to be a Flyer. You don't want to pay the price Ducks want? That's 100% fine. Let's leave it at that. We don't want to trade Ryan in the first place.
I think its more about ducks fans coming to our board to tell us how much it will cost to get Ryan over and over and over again. And what they keep asking for is untouchable assets not in the eyes of the fans but in the eyes of the GM of the team. So when we offer something else ducks fans balk. Which is fine you have your needs and giving up Ryan for anything less would be foolish. Most Flyers fans think it would be nice to have Ryan but its not make or break. The reason we are involved at all is because Ryan himself brought us up himself. Like I said earlier in the thread, I think most flyers fans would rather just move on and wait until Ryan inevitably hits ufa and we will get him then. Your fans may have much less interest in trading Ryan but the cost to acquire him is so far apart from fans perspectives on both sides I think it would be best to just leave it be and see what happens which most likely will be nothing

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote