View Single Post
Old
07-29-2012, 12:49 AM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I honestly think most of these 'hockey experts' are not actually looking at the Sharks prospect pool. Compared to other 'perpetual contenders' it's really not that bad.

Promising group of quality forwards:
Nieto
Hertl
Hamilton
Oleksuk

Excellent defense group:
Tennyson
Irwin
Acolotse
Doherty
Albetshauser
Petrecki
Pelech

And one of the best group of goaltenders in the league:
Stalock
Setari
Anderson
Heemskerk

Sure we lack 'blue chip' players, but more often than not our 'blue chip' players are late bloomers. If we have an AHL talent blue chip player, they'd be in the NHL. Hertl isn't far off anyway.

We have pretty excellent depth in our organization, especially considering being a playoff team for the last decade straight. Youth does not automatically make a superior team, look at Edmonton. You need the right balance.
I think it's "blue chip" prospects that make the grade go up to some extent. Clearly we have no "blue chip" prospects in the system. I agree that the forwards listed look interesting and i can't wait to see how they do in the AHL, none of these are slam dunk NHL players in any way. I don't think any of the defense are top 4 NHL material at this time, several on your list are clearly project players whom are on the cusp of being nowhere. I'll grant you the depth in goal tending at this point. My point is we don't have excellent depth in forwards or defense, i'd call goal tending depth good to very good at this point as none of them are blue chip either. I think the C grade is fair overall at this time.