View Single Post
Old
07-29-2012, 04:14 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
I would be shocked if it happened, but if by chance the Kings do get Doan, the first line is not getting scrambled. The chemistry is fantastic, not gonna happen.

I wouldn't mess with the 2nd line either, and just put Doan with Gagne and Stoll. Fraser-Lewis-King on the 4th, well that's a sick 4th line.

That's basically a couple of first lines, a 2nd and a borderline 3rd. That would leave 2 spots for Richardson, Clifford, and Nolan to fight over.

I think it's more likely that Bernier is packaged with Clifford/Nolan plus a prospect/pick if the Kings want to make noise at the deadline, but stranger things have happened for sure.
Not that I'm advocating the following changes to the lineup, but let's speak hypothetically of the deepest possible lineup this team could ice if they added Doan. If Sutter wanted to spread his talent around, he could throw this out there to mess with teams that try to match lines.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Carter-Doan
Penner-Richards-Nolan
King-Stoll-Lewis

That would give the opposing coaches fits when they can't have enough lines or D pairs to go up against them. You figure coach's will think about that. Just some food for thought.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote