View Single Post
Old
07-29-2012, 06:28 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Zipay spoke with spoke with Nash's youth hockey coach. They still remain very close.

Quote:
"I know what Torts is like," said Carrigan, the chief executive of BFI Canada, a multinational waste-management services firm. He remains close to Nash and attends many games. "Rick will accept that. He played for Hitch [coach Ken Hitchcock], who's not easy, either, and there were times I was pretty tough on those kids myself."
Nash had the 2 best seasons of his career playing for Hitchcock who wasn't the Columbus coach very long. 2 full seasons and two 1/2 seasons. In the two full seasons.Hitchcock used Nash in every situation. Nash scored 9 SHG and had 16 PPG. 78 goals in total. Hitch was fired and the next 3 Columbus coaches didn't use Nash much on the PK. Claude Noel,Scott Arniel and Todd Richards.

Zipay also spoke with Doug MacLean.

Quote:
"Where do you find a 6-4, 235-pound guy with hands, who can skate, is entering his prime, with limited miles on him -- although every night he was the No. 1 focus, tightly checked, man-on-man, because teams knew if you shut down Rick Nash, you beat Columbus?" asked Doug MacLean, who drafted Nash first overall in 2002 and was the Blue Jackets' general manager from 1998 to 2007. "Now people are telling me he's overrated. Are you serious?"
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-1.3867437

Nash does have limited miles on him. Columbus made the playoffs once and were blown out by the Wings who were the defending Cup champion. The 4th game was the only competitive game. Nash had a goal and assist in game 4. MacLean is a major reason why Columbus has stunk. Howson has been much better. Columbus ownership hired Hitchcock and Howson fired him. Hitchcock has had success with every team he has coached except in Columbus.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote