View Single Post
Old
07-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
Our "bottom 6" forward depth is fine, and that's been our problem for the last few years. Our "top 6" forward depth? Well, that is pretty weak. Our defensive depth is likely still a couple years off. Levi is still very raw, Biega and Alt are still in college for another year minimum, and likely will need some AHL time after that. Murphy is a question mark and we'll find out quickly if Sanguinetti is really ready to play or not.

I'm more with Bleedgreen. Right now, the "tentative" bottom six is Tlusty-Welsh-LaRose, Nodl-Brent-Dwyer, Extra: Stewart, Wallace. Jr. has mentioned about picking up another physical bottom forward with "grit" so make that 9 bottom six players (along with Bowman, Sutter, and Samson who I believe all could play in the bottom 6/4th line). Parting with a couple of those guys won't materially hurt this team IMO and will still leave plenty of guys to play in Charlotte. Bowman wasn't even in Charlotte for 1/2 the season last year anyhow. On the flipside, these guys don't have much value either, but picks / prospects could be part of the deal.

It's all hypothetical though. JR. pretty much said he was done on defense, so I don't believe he will make a change unless an injury occurs early in the season or unless the defense is playing terrible. Maybe at the deadline depending on how the team is playing. I hope I eat crow on this, but I am very concerned about the make-up of this defense and expect that to be the Achilles heel.

Boom Boom Anton is online now   Reply With Quote