Thread: Rino Injured
View Single Post
Old
12-02-2003, 06:50 PM
zoidberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa
Sad news, but glad to see Reinprecht having a good year.

For a couple seasons there, Avs fans had for the most part upheld the belief that Reinprecht was not that much of a downgrade from Drury...and were mostly lambasted for that opinion.

Curious to know what Calgary fans think...I'd still take Drury (and obviously in Denver, Drury is still a king given his playoff heroics) but Reinprecht is showing he has a bunch of offensive upside and will always play a sound two-way game.
I don't know... I think Drury has more flair, while Rhino has more substance. Not to say Drury wasn't a complete player, he brought more leadership than Reinprecht has, and also played a nice defensive game, but Rhino plays more physical and has a size advantage. I think he's on pace to do more offensive damage than Drury did last year (without the injury... grr...) and plays a better defensive game. I think they're almost equal, but I would probably rather have Drury cause of all his intangibles. But adding Warrener makes the deal very bearable. Man, Warrener is awesome!