View Single Post
Old
07-29-2012, 10:45 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I would have no problem adding Iggy, except if you listen to Calgary fans it is going to cost Morrow, Pouliot, Harrington, Bennet and the next four firsts. Maybe Letang too.

The long and short of it is that even if they are nuts in what they are saying the cost will be, he still likely will cost far more than I would feel comfortable paying. next year's first, fine. Any more except maybe a middling throw in? I do not want him. Yeah he can still play, but there is this misconception that we do not need this organizational depth, that we can just throw it away on trades like this. We are counting on that defensive depth to step up in coming years and play well for cheap keeping our cap situation managable. You can not have it both ways, count on that and trade all that depth away on a 35 year old wing.
I think Iggy's a deadline deal, although I'd gladly take him now. IMHO, the price tag is TK, Bennett, a defensive prospect, and a 1st at a minimum.

Deal or no, sensible Flames fans know they're not getting Morrow or Despres for him.