View Single Post
Old
07-29-2012, 12:54 PM
The Doors

vCash: 500
I like Doan but Erik Cole is a better player and at 4.5, how could Bergevin justify giving Doan 6.5ish? I peg Semin as a 6 million dollar player, and Doan should be getting around 5 million, only higher than Cole beacuse he's in demand as a UFA. I think Doan is basing his contract more on reputation than performance. He's a complimentary player who would be great on the Penguins or Flyers or Rangers. Giving him a huge deal would be the same mistake we made with Cammalleri, overpaying UFA's to come here that are complimentary guys, not anchors. 7 or 7.5 million or whatever he's asking is superstar (or Gomez ) money, not 50-point over the hill wingers who have had physical, bruising careers.

I mean, Doan is such a product of the Canadian media hype at the moment IMO, the TSN guys love one of their own and pimp a 50 point declining player. We could sign Subban AND a guy like Kostitsyn for the money Doan wants, and know what we're getting, and probably get the same number of goals out of AK.

Don't get me wrong, Doan would be great. But the money he's asking is a joke? We get it, you like Phoenix (not sure why IMO), that doesn't mean you're entitled to a huge contract from some other team just because the ****** organization you play for can't guarantee you some security.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote