View Single Post
Old
07-29-2012, 05:46 PM
urn

vCash: 500
On crosspost with We Like Our Group:

You make some good points, but I'd take some of those statements with a grain of salt. I've seen you make a lot of very strong general statements about what various players can and cannot do, and I just don't think they're all that accurate.

About Ruutu's physicality:
-There's still something to be said for hitting a guy after he makes an outlet pass, especially in the playoffs.
-I don't have a videographic memory, and it didn't occur to me to take specific note of this while watching last season, but I just have a hard time believing that Ruutu is only physical in the way you describe.
-If he ends up healthy this coming season, he'll automatically be a lot better.

I'll change my mind on it being worth it to pay him 4.75 million if someone can convince me that this will hamper our ability to sign other players we need. The NHL isn't a perfect market where you can just decide to find a player worth exactly 4.75 million and pay him that. There are issues of availability, and we can't just replace Ruutu with someone just as good for less. Most really good teams have around 5-6 twenty-goal scorers, and I'd be willing to pay extra to get that 6th guy to make our offense elite.

urn is offline   Reply With Quote