View Single Post
Old
12-02-2003, 07:31 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
I'm with you guys... they can't even clear the puck. I keep yelling at the tv screen saying, "Clear the friggin puck!"... I bet Andy Murray will have them practicing that at HealthSouth tomorrow morning.

Inexcusable... the Kings PK looked like it was coming together for a while during a stretch of games, they had killed like 18 straight PPs, but this game set them back.
yeah, they had it together for awhile there - when they were playing aggresively in their own end. i think that we're missing intensity above all else on the penalty kill. when you're shorthanded, you need to never stop moving, not hesitate to make a play at all, and simply outwork the other team. our players fall back into a passive diamond formation and that may shut down a few passing lanes, but i think that standing still just kills. when you're standing still, you cannot attack the puck and the puck-carrier as you need to. bottom line is that our penalty killers need to be more aggressive. even if you make a mistake and the other teaem scores, better to have been aggressive and forced your opponent to have beaten you than to stand back passively and make the other squad look great.