Old
07-29-2012, 10:47 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post

I don't see us doing well against the Dodgers, but I'm hoping we atleast split the series. We can't be losing series at this point. If we split a series(although we should have beat the Mets and not split), we have a decent outside shot. I mean, the Dodgers are still in 2nd in the NL West after there amazing start. This is the Diamondbacks division to lose. If they can just get focused and pull off a 2-3 week stretch of good baseball, we can be just fine. This is such a weak division right now.
Oddly enough the team has held up well enough against the Giants and Dodgers this season. They are a bit over .500 against them.

What really REALLY hurt was that sweep at the hand of the Padres in early July.

And I don't think Kennedy has come much around at all lately, he's just gotten luckier. Still giving up too many hits and throwing WAY too many meatballs. But the SO's are up on the plus side.

I'll agree that it's a winnable division but crawling past two teams with so many flaws is going to be an issue. Someone will need to have a monster second half. Hopefully that's Upton.

The weirdest thing about the whole Johnson trade was the statement that they won't be trading Drew. Yet the Johnson trade seems tailor made to facilitate a Drew trade. Maybe he'll go in the waiver trade period.