07-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Actually I would.

And now that I think about it , Stafford and Adam > Ryan.

Last year combined they scored 70 points compared to Ryans 57. So that makes them better and more productive ( completely joking but just using a comparison that you made Jame last week saying Anisimov and Dubinsky were better and more productive then Vanek since those 2 scored 70 points combined against Vaneks 61... But I'm sure now you'll say it doesn't count since that stance goes against your guy )

There's no denying Ryan is better then Stafford but he isn't THAT much better. Stafford also gets 1:30 less a game the last 2 years compared to Ryan and you know, the whole line mate thing.
over the last 3 years..
Dubinsky averages 20 goals per 82 games
Vanek averages 30 goals per 82 games

So I guess per your logic... you'd rather have Dubinsky++ over vanek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Not true. Vanek averages exactly 10 more goals a season then Dubinsky over the last 3 seasons.That's pretty big, but let's not overrate Vanek too much. Dubinsky makes 3 million less a year.

The difference between Vanek and Dubisnky is NOT Stepan+1st+Hagelin+Dubinsky type deals, not at all. I'd take JT Miller and a 1st along with Dubinsky, which is more then fair.

Bobby Ryan is a better hockey player then Thomas Vanek.

Going out on the trade boards and making comparisons of Ryan to Stafford makes you look like just another HF homer.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote