View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Habruti!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Steady partners is fine, but the issue is having at least one steady partner with skill. We need to give Eller a chance to be successful offensively and he isnt going to do that with energy grinders on both his wings. Not sure how skillful Armstrong is though. Last season AK filled the role well until, for some reason unkown to me, he was pulled from Ellers line. Maybe it was because RC wanted a north-south game and that wasnt AKs game, not sure. If Eller doesnt get a skill winger I think his development will be hurt and we are basically turning him into a checking centre, so dont blame the young man when he fails to put up points.

Indeed, steady partner is a start, but one skilled winger would be great. I would like to see some changes in our top lines to perhaps bootstrap some players like Plekanek, Eller and Bourque. If we find a way to get these guys going without distroying too much the magic of Pacs and DD.

Perhaps pairing Bourque with DD and Cole would be enough to get Bourque going. DD has been able to adjust to just about any winger he was given.

Put Pacs on a line with Plekanec and a young guy (perhaps the better of Gallagher and Leblanc at camp). I think that Pacioretty being probably our most skilled winger would be enough to get Plekanec going.

That leaves you Gionta for the third line and along with Moen these three guys could probably have some chimistry. That would give us a third line with some offensive capabilities.

It would then leave Prust, White and Armstrong for the forth line. To me it looks like a decent lineup and I do not see the need to make trades before the season.