View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
What are you guys even talking about. I AM NOT comparing stats. I am talking hockey markets, wake up for ***** sake ! There is NO WAY IN HELL that the Montreal market will accept any kind of tank. What kind of hockay fan even mentions or thinks about losing on purpose. It's farfaloux. If you were ever in hockey as deep as i am, you would understand were i am comming from. The only people that have any thought or mention of the tank BS, are people who are clueless about the true runnings of any hockey club.
The only one here who is clueless is you.

The club has been mediocre for almost 20 years. We have an entire generation of fans who don't know what it's like to watch a good team on the ice. The fans haven't gone anywhere and they're not going anywhere. We sell out consistently and the owners make money over fist every year.

Please don't waste everyone's time with these tired old fallacies. The fans will show up no matter what and the team will make money no matter what.

Florida on the other hand won't show up even if they have a winner. So I'm not sure what it is you think you're proving here. You've got this exactly wrong.

As for losing on purpose... won't happen. Can't happen. Trading vets for younger players and picks though, yeah we should do that. We should've done this long ago.