View Single Post
Old
12-02-2003, 07:51 PM
habsfansam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
Ever since Vigneault we have been awful and with this guy behind the bench, I see no end in sight.

Not quite sure if you meant that Vigneault was the beginning of the bad streak, or if it started after him...

if the former, i disagree, if the latter, i agree. vigneault was also highly criticized for how he handled players... but in his case he obviously had MUCH less to work with (eg Darby on the first line).

It isn't necessarily a bad thing to see a guy like Ribs sitting... there must be some sort of logic to it that the players understand because they all still seem to respect CJ much more than they did for Therrien or even for CJ last year. There seems to be a cycle where guys who are playing well get a night off... Perrault after a goal-scoring streak, Ribiero tonight, hainsey and hossa and markov earlier. Maybe CJ feels better sitting a guy after he's played well than after a bad string... preferring to let players play through a tough stretch and earn some R&R.

The other possibility is that he is resting guys who are not built for the rigors of a full schedule of games... he's resting young players (hossa, hainsey), and smaller guys (ribs, markov) and maybe Perrault was feeling a bit beatup?? At least we have the luxury to rotate forwards unlike our 500+ man-games lost years...