View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootscraper View Post
Hi there boys, about a month or two ago I talked with Jim Cerny on Blueshirts United, and asked him about Tort's dump and chase system. Primarily, if he would change or tweak the system in the future. The answer I received was that Torts adapts to his players. So if we have more grinders then he will more of that type of system. He also said if there were more skilled guys then he would adapt and tweak the system. I wanted to know if you guys think the system should be tweaked so that there is more passing and less dump and chase, or in general try a bit more offensive approach. ( He did say that Torts would probably never ditch the defensive system all together. ) Enjoy!
This is what all NHL coaches do. It sometimes amazes me the amount of fans that insist on putting a square peg in a round hole when it comes to the system of play. With Nash's addition, Torts should now have 2 powerful lines that can consistently contribute offense - I'd imagine he'll loosen the reigns a bit. I dont mind him playing it safe these last couple of years when the team just did not have the offensive firepower to play a run and gun type game against most opponents. Just like I didnt blame Renney for playing an ultra-conservative system his final year when he had the worst crop of forwards I'd ever seen in my 20+ years as a Ranger fan.

Coaches are going to play the hand their dealt.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote