View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 11:01 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Nope you're staying in the role you currently are in. There really aren't that many administrative tasks that I need help with.

As of right now I'm inclined to say that to keep this as simple as possible that we can only negotiate with players in the offseason they're eligible to become a free agent. Teams are going to have about a week to negotiate with their own players do that should provide enough time to try to resign an impending UFA/RFA. I think it will just make things easier personally.

I'll come up with a base salary, like 1 mill a year for 1st rounders, 850k for 2nd, etc so that it's as simple as possible but you're probably just going to have to announce that a player has signed an elc so we can start counting the years. There most likely won't be any negotiating that will have to be done.
Cool that sounds good RKY. As far as contract sliding for ELCs, I assume since we are only simming NHL seasons that there will be no ELC sliding. Is that a good assumption? I just want to hammer out all the details before the offseason so I can discuss strategy in my team meetings in Vegas