View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 11:17 AM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd go as far as a cap hit of 5M$ for 3 years. 6,5 M$/1st year, 5,5 M$ /2nd year, 3 M$ 3rd year. Only way you'd have him in Montreal. I know, I'm overpaying him....it's UFA time.

We might not be 1 Doan away....but you start with Doan, on top of what you have, and you can make some adjustments along the way. He will help you in any way you want. Even at that age. Maybe less in the 3rd year, who cares....it only exist to get him. We are a much better team with him. Might not be 1 Doan away, but you get him....and you make other players better....
well said. I personally wouldn't sign him, but I'll admit that if the idea is to get one more good mentor for the young players on the team, its not a bad idea to sign him, not at all. But its the idea that a '' 7m doan for 5 years can really help us '' that im against. He expects the big bucks and imho, he does not deserve a raise, and I dont like the way he plays around to bring his price up. Those are the reasons why I hope MB doesn't sign him ; the contract will be awfull. Too many teams will offer him the moon (which he doesn't deserve) and to bring him here we'd have to give not only the terms, but the years ... imho. Pretty sure he'd go down 1m or 2m per to get a couple more years. He can give support, but he can't carry ... he's a pass for me. but If he signs a 1 or a 2 year deal, its a totally different story.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 07-30-2012 at 11:23 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote