Thread: Proposal: Luongo to Columbus
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 01:40 PM
candyman82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I don't see why there is hostility on either side.

Columbus is an improved team, and would be even more so with Luongo in net. Defense is set, forwards have been spun around due to the Nash trade, but I feel the team is more complete and more ready to compete. Bob and Mase aren't looking super ready to lead the team to me, yet anyway, but playing between 30 and 50 games each can push them. Getting Luongo would be a huge boon, assuming it wasn't the farm being asked, and could even aid either, or both, in becoming star goaltenders themselves, ala Schneider. Look at St Louis for a recent example of "let the kids play" and "star goaltender" working out well.

Canucks fans bashing Columbus saying "we'd never send him there!!"...where would we send him? Toronto is that much better? At least with Columbus, they've made the playoffs once since the lock out. With Columbus, he'd be a bonfide starter, have a solid defense in front of him, and may even see the playoffs. Like Toronto. Better prospects being off limits, Murray and Johanson specifically I'm sure, Anisimov+Erixon+ would be a better package if we're after futures then most teams are offering now. Dubinksy is as good a centerpiece as Kulemin in my eyes. And he stands just as good a chance to see post season success as he does in Toronto.
My problem with this: Why would the Jackets trade the majority of the players we got for Rick Nash for Luongo?

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote