View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Really, I can't understand how some people still want Kostitsyn on the Habs. He's been one constant headache every season he played over here, and he's the definition of having all the tools but not the toolbox.

Lot of posters here were crying when he left to Nashville, saying how Nashville is clearly better with Kostitsyn. Guess what? Kostitsyn is still unsigned.

I would sign him 2 or 2,5/year to play on the third and occasionnaly the second line. I would NOT overpay since he can't handle pressure and you can't rely on him. Good riddance if he's not coming back.
Huh?

AK is not as bad as some people here think. He might not be a 1st liner, he was never paid like one anyways. He's easily a top 9 that could play on the top 6. I bet Eller would be more than glad to have AK back on his wing. They were really good together. I'm still wondering why AK and Eller did not play together for the whole season after what they did together 10-11. I remember Jacques Martin was using them, with Moen, to close a game.. AK even managed to score an empty net.

If Martin and Cunney kept AK and Eller together like they kept the 1st line together almost all season long, AK wouldn't be as bad. I know Moen got injured but the magic between AK and Eller is undeniable. I remember at one point, Plek played with Darche and White or something like that, Eller played with Bourque while AK was playing with Gomez on the 4th line. It was just a mess.

This is what Eller+AK looked like.