View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
One of our wide receivers wrote an article for the school website about how disappointed he was in the fans, how we don't go to support them, we just go and get hammered in the parking lot and come in in the second half. People just basically stopped showing up for games after that, the whole article was super condescending, why don't you try winning a game every once in a little while?

Lacrosse games are a party, and the players love it, always posting statuses for us to show up and get rowdy. They have their own DJ and they play party music between plays. That's how you get fans on your side, that and winning the national championship!

I play rugby, and it's less of a party, but we do encourage people to come drink and have a good time, we love the support, so I don't know where football gets off complaining about us getting rowdy at their games.
Usually when there are drunk people in the stands, it deteriorates to "grabuge" (English would be mayhem/destruction/trouble) and violence many times. It makes the environment hostile in general. Also feeds into the hooliganism we see in many other sports (soccer) where fans act like entitled babies. I'm not calling anyone in BU entitled, since I never went to see a game there, but that's just my personal opinion on letting people get pissed drunk during a sports event.