View Single Post
Old
12-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
I'd be worried about Begin on the third line because he's sometimes overly aggressive. When he gets too much playing time, he seems to become more prone to boneheaded plays (he's taken some bad crosschecking penalties of late, as well as some very marginal hitting from behind plays tonight that could have easily been penalties). There were a few occasions where Begin was caught out of position and he tripped up his man. Those should have been called.

The upside of Begin on the third line is that he'll give it his all every shift. He is solid defensively, with a few flaws here and there. He'll make things happen and agitate whoever he's shadowing. Dackell and Sundstrom also played stronger games tonight (physically), I felt.

There's no doubt Juneau has more hockey sense. However he is beaten down low too often due to lack of strength and quickness. Personally, I think the guy's done. He's never had his heart fully in the game, and at this point he doesn't have the athletic ability to compensate for that.

I would agree with a previous poster on suggesting one of Plekanec or Higgins for the third line role. If this was done however, the team would need to shuffle lines so that the third line was a scoring line, and another line would take on shadow duties.

Begin could fill in on the third line, but I'd be hesitant on handing him the permanent role at this point. I would prefer him there over Juneau though.