Old
07-30-2012, 02:46 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Amazing. A video showing Kostitsyn feeding Eller against an average team.

It surely tells more than the 300 others games he played with the Habs.

A good player should deliver and bring something even if he's playing with the likes of Gomez (who's terrible) and Bourque (who's not). No, I would not sign Kostitsyn 4 millions/year because he had chemistry once with Eller. Not saying he's trash, but he's certainly not a solution for the lack of scoring on the top 6. Again, believing Kostitsyn can bring something more to this team than what he already showed is unrealistic. Personally, I would let the young players like Leblanc and Gallagher take his role.
An average team? That average team almost made the play-offs. Where did our team finish, do you remember?

Personally you'd rush two prospects who aren't ready for the NHL into scoring roles, rather than bring back a guy who can provide, and proven he can provide, 20 goals, solid defensive play, big hits, and good playmaking ability?

Personally, while I doubt we're re-signing Kostitsyn, I'd rather sign Kostitsyn than go with your plan of rushing prospects. It is why we finished 15th in the East last season.