Thread: Proposal: Luongo to Columbus
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 02:49 PM
416Leafer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Frankly I don't really care what 'everyone' says. I think that crowning Markstrom as a sure fire great starting goalie is premature. In any event, he's slated to play in the minors this year and if he follows a similar career path as Schneider he would be a back up for a couple of seasons after that which puts him at close to age 26 or so. If he wins the job from Luongo then you look to trade Luongo at that time for what you can get. Then of course there is always the risk that he never even makes the jump successfully. Certainly all signs are promising but there is never any guarantee on that. I've followed hockey too long to call almost any prospect a sure thing. It seems to me that it would be a prudent move by Tallon to solidify his goaltending for the next 4 years and then worry about the 'problem' of having two great goalies after that.
Haha well I don't think 'everyone" "cares" that you think everyone and anyone wants Luongo when they simply don't. But thanks for the input!

And if Vancouver is having trouble trading Luongo now with his contract, how exactly does Florida plan on trading him in 3-4 years when he's 36-37 with 6-7 years left on his contract?

And if Tallon only needs to solidify goaltending for another 4 years... well.. Theodore will only be 36 this season. So going by Vancouver fan logic, he has another 7 years of NHL play left in him, so they're looking pretty dandy by the sounds of it.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote