View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I totally agree with the rest of it, but why a top 4D? Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler and Garrison seem like a pretty good D to me man.
Injury insurance, plus a steady righty to play with Ballard as insurance against Tanev not progressing as quickly as we all think he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
I don't know if a deal can be made between the Jackets and Canucks that really helps both teams. David Savard is one of our stronger RH defensive prospects who may become the odd man out with the additions of Erixon and Murray. We are very low on playmakers, but if Johansen steps up his game Brassard could become available. Jared Boll or Colton Gillies could be part of a deal for the 3rd/4th liner bit. I would would be very hesitant to give up any of our recently acquired pieces, for the first time in Jackets history we seem to have really solid depth. Additionally, you would almost have to take back Steve Mason in order to make the money work.
Brassard wouldn't be terrible, but isn't he a center? Can he play wing? Or would he be more the 2c/3c I mentioned? If you really are low on playmakers, I'd personally accept a top six player with size...just Umberger and Kesler kind of have that hate/hate thing going.

Savard I thought would have been top five in the prospect pool, ie not likely available, but if he might be, I'm not one to complain.

Boll is a fine addition, and I'd much rather him to Gillies. I can't say either holds a lot of value, but again, a small added extra could work for us as well.

Mason can work for us, cash wise. Worst case scenario, we could always flip him for picks or a player later, but as a back up to Schneider I think we could do worse.

If any or all of the pieces mentioned are possibly in play, I've heard worse offers.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote