View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 03:35 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I read it as sort of a criticism of his on ice leadership because he was so nice off the ice.

I see your point though.

I don't know if being in a more intense market helps anyone. Look at Vancouver, or Montreal - they rip their guys to shreds on a regular basis - Vancouver took a pretty good goaltender in Luongo and just beat him down until he's a liability. Certain players thrive in the pressure cooker. Some guys don't.

I just don't see being good in the community as ever being a bad thing.
You can look at Carey Price and Patrick Roy in Montreal as two goalies who handled Montreal differently. Roy played there for years and finally had a meltdown, got traded and went on to win a Cup or two in Colorado. Then you have Price who had high expectations placed upon him, had a meltdown with his middle finger and then came back the last two years and has been their best player. It sucks what has happened to Luongo but some guys can't handle pressure.

Remember Steve Sax and Chuck Knoblach in NY? The guys couldn't make the short throw from second base to first base. Pressure is a funny thing.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote