Thread: Kings News: Davis Payne, new assistant coach
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
I hated seeing Richards on the point on the PP because everyone knew he was going to lob these soft wristers on net. He was at his best playing down low on his off-wing, which is where he scored from twice when on the PP.

The Kings have three defensemen (Doughty, Voynov, Martinez) capable of playing the point, but I thought Mitchell was a good addition to the 2nd PP unit since he is capable of getting his shot through from the point and he has a pretty heavy shot that he can let rip. If they go with a forward on the point, I think I prefer Stoll over Richards simply because he has a better shot.

Even Kopitar would rotate up to the point when handling the puck so he might not be a bad option, especially if the Kings go in an umbrella formation with Doughty at the top, Kopitar on the half wall, Richards down low on the right side, and Brown in front of the net and Carter open on the opposite wing or high slot. They should have three shooting options with Carter, Doughty and Kopitar on the top PP unit.

They also have other options to ice on the 2nd PP unit with Penner or Gagne on LW, Stoll, Williams, Voynov and Martinez.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote