View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 04:43 PM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
With all due respect to the posters- Shane Doan, Jamie Benn, James Neal, and Spezza are way behind the depth charts when considering my forwards for Sochi. Same with RNH, who finished just one pro season of hockey and turned 19 years old only a couple of months back. I also agree with one poster who mentioned Martin St. Louis as a possible forward for Sochi. St. Louis on the big ice has always played well, including when he played in 2006 in Italy, and in the WHC in 2009, when he was Canada's best player leading them to a Silver Medal.
No question that a MSL - Stamkos combo would be lethal. MSL is still performing at an elite level and is not showing any signs of slowing down. I would have definitely had him on the team in 2010. If I were putting the team together he'd be a near-lock in 2014 too (ie, he'd need to play his way off the team). BUT, the fact that Hockey Canada didn't select him 2010 means to me that they in all likelihood won't select him in 2010 either. Not saying its right, but that's just my suspicion.