View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 04:26 PM
cassius

vCash: 500
The optimism about Tangradi reminds me of a few things...
  • Two summers ago when people were optimistic about tearing up the AHL and eventually landing a spot on a top line in Pittsburgh. Didn't happen.

• Last summer when people were optimistic about him landing a top-6 spot. (even with a very injury depleted lineup, he got scratched in favor of AHL-scrub Chris Connor. suited up for 1 post-season game)

Look - I get that Shero didn't add a legitimate winger so we're stuck with Dupuis and whoever for now, but that does not mean that Tangradi is ready to step up and fill that role.

His talent and play on the ice will dictate where he ultimately ends up, as it has for the past few seasons.

My take? Come October... Shero is going to wish he signed a backup plan. Don't take this in a negative way... but if Tangradi isn't the definition of a "project", then I don't know what is. You can't expect projects to come into a "sink or swim" situation and pan out immediately.

We're all impatient because this organization can't develop any winger talent whatsoever. It sucks even more because we have the 2 best playmakers in the league to exploit said winger talent, but that is just the situation we're in.

Last edited by cassius: 07-30-2012 at 04:33 PM.