View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 05:15 PM
therealdeal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
No question that a MSL - Stamkos combo would be lethal. MSL is still performing at an elite level and is not showing any signs of slowing down. I would have definitely had him on the team in 2010. If I were putting the team together he'd be a near-lock in 2014 too (ie, he'd need to play his way off the team). BUT, the fact that Hockey Canada didn't select him 2010 means to me that they in all likelihood won't select him in 2010 either. Not saying its right, but that's just my suspicion.
Yeah I agree, not sure why he wasn't there in 2010, especially when Jeff Carter was on the back up roster. Jeff Carter should have never gotten a sniff and MSL was basically Canada's best winger. He can play the PP, PK, and even strength, not sure why he wasn't a lock. Maybe there is something we don't know.

Frankly all the Hall and RNH are overblown on here as well. Has either gotten over 60 points in one season? Because neither are defensively smart or physically dominant, so really they shouldn't be talked about yet. I hope they develop into stars and are capable of playing in Sochi, but we're basing this on projection alone, not facts.