View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
Dupuis, Kunitz and TK have all proven that they have the ability to score around a 20 goal pace with Matt Cooke being not far off. Are those guys complimentary players who leech off of Sid and Geno? Absolutely. But what line doesn't work that way to some degree? There's nothing controversial about saying the top 6 needs help, it's just not really very accurate or realistic in my opinion.

It's like some of you guys don't realize that having the top two centers in the world comes at a price. Not only do we have the top two centers/players in the world, but we also have a very young 40 goal winger, a Norris caliber dman(with possibly a couple more stud dmen on the way) and a 5 mil starting goalie(and probably the best backup in the league). I mean there's only so much good fortune and money to go around. We're not going to have aces at every position in the lineup whether we have the money for it or not. Other teams do exist.

Edit - And even if your assertion that it's only "three 40 goal scorers and one 20 goal scorer" is true, how many teams can currently claim to have three 40 goal scorers in their top 6?
I agree. People can say the Pens aren't going to be good because they didn't sign a top 6 winger. But really, Kunitz and Dupuis are good wingers for Sid, and I'm sure Sid appreciates them and what they contribute to the team, unlike others on here saying Crosby is probably mad that he has to play with them, they're not bad players.

Then you have the Malkin-Neal connection, see who fits best on their LW, whether it's Jeffrey, Tangradi, trade, or UFA.

Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy could be our energy line, we have seen Cooke and Kennedy, Sutter is a gritty, two way center, he will have the opportunity to be a shutdown center and have the ability to add offense.

Glass-Vitale-Adams, an average 4th line. Tanner Glass is a physical, PKing 4th line grinder, Vitale is a tenacious, gritty 4th line center. Adams is a defensive, gritty, PKing 4th line grinder.

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
_____-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Despres-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Martin-Engelland

Fleury
Vokoun