Old
07-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Well, if this was infact the offer, or if parts need to be added or tweaked, Brassard, Boll, Savard and Mason for Luongo or whatever our package is.

Brassard - top 9 center, playmaker...I'm still unclear about how he would handle the wing if we would use him with Kesler.

Savard - a prospect I must have been overvaluing, or is merely expendable with the changes/additions to Columbus' roster this off season. I had him at similar value to Schroeder, but I will be the first to admit I know little about the BJ's prospects.

Boll - Bottom 6 winger, fiesty, can hit, can fight, can take a regular shift. Ideally a partner in crime with Volpatti, Kassian and/or Lapierre. He adds little value, but he fills a role.

Mason - A backup/cap dump. He holds no value to me under these circumstances, and his inclusion was at the behest of Jacket's fans, as he would be redundant as a 3rd stringer with Bob and Lu.

Seems on par with Kulemin/Franson/Lombardi to me. Kulemin > Brassard, Franson < Savard, Lombardi = Boll, Mason.

There are pieces I'd like better, but if this is the best offer, I've heard worse.
I don't like giving up Savard, but I guess I could live with that. I'd really prefer if we got back someone like Raymond in the process if we're giving up that package, tho - we could use a speedster who'll score more than two goals in a season so as to keep Gillies on the bench.

(Bonus: that would leave Derek Dorsett as the only CBJ player drafted under the MacLean regime. )
(No, you can't have him. )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote