Old
07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
St. Croix did not look so hot at Traverse City or in training camp. He did have a very good year. I'm not convinced he's going to be a player--I think he has more to prove.

Thomas does not exactly play like his dad. His dad was small too but was a real bull on the ice. If Thomas had some of his dad's grit he might project further down the lineup. As is he's going to have to put up numbers when he gets to the AHL and if he gets a chance at the NHL. Young and small as he is that's a challenge.

Which is why Yogan is a better bet to hit the NHL sooner. With his size and strength he can be easily projected further down the lineup. His upside is not as high as Thomas but he's a safer bet overall.

I'm not ready to say Bourque sucks but another season like last year and he'll be toast. A 5'8" player who can't produce at the AHL has no chance to make the NHL. Occasionally I see some suggesting he could make the Rangers this year. LOL. As much likelihood as one of the posters here.

I think Nieves is one player who could really move up. Size, skating, skill--going to play for Red Berenson--IMO the best college coach ever. That guy has turned out lots and lots of NHL'ers.
It just shows you how little people even follow prospects when they speak about them, sometimes, ya know?

I'm not even saying Bourque sucks. It's just that he has no strength and is a mush-head after all the concussions. I'm more worried about him having all of his mental faculties in a few years than I am about him making the NHL.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote