Old
07-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Interesting launching point!

One way to go about this would be to hypothesize about what factors could lead to a team having a high/low home ice advantage. Do teams of younger players do better on home ice (since veterans learn how to play on the road?)

I've always expected that Colorado would have a higher home-ice advantage than they do (because of the altitude).
I've heard a couple theories. The one I'm going to take a look at next would be powerplay opportunities. I remember reading somewhere that officials are influenced (sometimes consciously, sometimes unconsciously) by the home crowd to give the calls in favor of the home team.

If these teams are getting a much bigger advantage at home compared to away (or vise-versa), it would explain why they're having more/less success at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playerwinner View Post
Its interesting that a lot of the lower teams have like a big home presence such as Philly, Boston, New York, Toronto, San Jose, with Montreal and Vancouver rounding out the lower half.

You should have Winnipeg, and Atlanta as separate entities as Winnipeg has only been home to the franchise for 1 season.
Once Winnipeg establishes some more seasons to give a bigger sample size, I plan on doing just that. Winnipeg's home winning percentage this year was much higher than any of the other Atlanta years I've researched.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote