View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatin View Post
So it seems Chet Pickard will be the last part of the puzzle that is Djurgårdens IF 12/13. Anyone got anything to say about the guy? His stats isn't amazing, but seeing he's drafted as early as #18 he's got to have some potential?
As a Cincinnati Cyclones fan, I can't tell you how overjoyed I am to NOT have Pickard back again next season. He killed our playoff hopes last year. He was 28th out of 30 in save percentage among all ECHL goalies who had played the minimum required minutes. In 2010-11, Pickard ranked 26th out of 27.

He's a nice kid, but he just doesn't have it. He's not even a capable ECHL goalie. He doesn't have the physical nor the mental skills to be a professional goaltender. A lower level league overseas is where he fits in. He was DOA when he entered the Predator organization. He was just a bad pick and it's long past time for the Predators to have finally acknowledged that. I'm glad-very glad-that they finally have.

Former Cyclone Jeremy Smith looks like he could be the real deal. Probably capable back up material when the time comes for that.