View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I wonder. Does it mean trade away key players until the team's red blood cell count is in the anemic range? Or does it mean neglectingto file qualifying offers? Or does it mean telling Carey Price to let in easy shots? Or does it mean taking low percentage shots? Or does it mean taking bench penalties? Or does it mean unscrewing vials or popping corks? Or does it mean a combination of the foregoing?
I wonder, does finishing 8th or 9th year after year the way we have yield any kind of benefit? I mean seriously, no top picks to build with and mediocre teams built with mediocre players and prospects. What do we gain by doing what we've done and not trading for picks and prospects? What gain has there been in 'going for it' year after year and icing mediocre teams?

'Tanking' or losing on purpose will never happen, nor should it. But it's silly to sit here with the vets we have and not deal some of them away for younger prospects and picks. Absolutely nothing wrong with doing that and we should've done this long ago.