Old
07-30-2012, 10:37 PM
MagicSlap*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
Actual statistics huh.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...24+25+26+27+28

Boyle had the second worst GA/60 of the Ranger's centers. Boyle had the 4 worst Corsi QoC among Ranger's centers. Boyle has never gone against the other teams top lines consistently. To put it in perspective, Boyle's numbers aren't a whole lot different than Marcus Krugers.
What a dumb statistical set to pull from. Of course a guy playing against tough competition and starting over 70% of the time in the defensive zone is going to give up more goals than a teammate who starts in the offensive zone more. You want to talk about GA/60, well Dave Bolland, the guy you say can't be moved off the 3rd line has a worse GA/60, the worst on the team. I'm not saying Bolland is worse than Boyle, not at all, I'm just pointing out how DUMB stats like that are.

The stats I'm talking about actually mean something: hits, faceoff percent, PK TOI, etc. Those mean something. CORSI and all these "advanced" stats are just a lot of garbage in the sport of hockey.

Boyle's numbers aren't all that different than Kruger's?

Kruger- 26 points, 26 hits, 36 blocks, 45.9% FO%, 15% of teams FOs, 44% offensive zone starts
Boyle- 26 points, 236 hits, 83 blocks, 51.8% FO%, 25% of teams FOs, 29% offensive zone starts

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote