View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 10:49 PM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayuelo View Post
I've been studying the wrist shot through books, youtube, etc, but am not quite sure about what I think is a key component ...

All the instructionals I've seen has the player in a static, 90 degree to the target position when they demonstrate and explain the wrist shot. This is all fine and dandy when practicing on dryland or on ice, and though far from perfect, I understand the mechanics.

My question is ... how does this translate to real playing situations. I mean, you are likely never to be in that static, perfect 90 degree position in a game situation, but would need to execute a wrister while skating up into the offensive zone.

What are some common steps to get you into that perpendicular position? I can think of turning (crossing over once or twice to the strong side, or a tight turn in the same direction) to get there but I'd love to hear explanations or see examples.

Can anyone help?
Honestly, your best bet is to just start slow, skate with the puck (do whatever moves you wish) and once you get to the net just shoot it. Then as you get good with that go faster and faster.

I mean the point of the wrist shot is that its suppose to be quick and surprising without a lot of set up. You don't necessarily have to be perpendicular, I can take one parallel to the net. Just practice, practice, practice

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote