View Single Post
Old
07-30-2012, 11:51 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheEagle View Post
We're not squandering years. The Hawks have to see what they have in the system in order to be able to trade anything. What would you like them to do right now? Who would you throw money at on the UFA market? Who would you trade with and for what? You seem to think Stan has been doing nothing. What would you have him do? Colaiacovo? Huselius? Langkow with a sketchy spine? Hecht? 37 year old Jason Arnott? The nomadic Dominic Moore? The pieces we need aren't there in the UFA market. Trades are frozen right now because the CBA is up in the air. Even so, where would you expect Stan to steal a second line center and a goaltender from? If he overpays for anything, half the board will be crying and demand his resignation. The club is a business and sometimes the market isn't right. This is that year. If Stan reads this at all. Thank you for not going out and making moves for the sake of making moves. I believe in this club, it's drafting and where it has set us up for the future.

Wait until next offseason when Iginla, Backstrom (G), Correy Perry, Getzlaf, Ribiero, Hartnell, Fisher, Roy, and all these other names are up. I understand a large chunk of them may re-sign but it is definitely a better pool than this year.

I'd rather have a full year of Carcillo back, Shaw and the other rookies proving their worth, Crawford playing even remotely average and our PP being half as good as it could be. I don't think we'll win the Cup next year but I'd rather not take an idiotic stab at it that would damage our future by overpaying or over extending contracts. I'll settle for the not so short-sighted plan.
Dear god.. logic, reason, foresight. It's so.. different. Bravo sir.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote