View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 12:56 AM
Paladin2799

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Pirates fan coming to chime in.

Brad Lincoln is not a starter. Anyone using him as a starter is getting 3 solid innings and then a headache. He blew out his arm signing his contract after the 2006 draft and never was able to develop a third pitch because of that...but the two pitches he has are great, which means that he's usually money the first time through a line-up (and gets progressively worse)...he profiles to be a very good closer (I had him as the heir apparent to Joel Hanrahan) or a dominant set-up man.

Now if he's worth a guy like Snider...we'll see, but Brad Lincoln is damn good at what he does and should only improve. Remember, when the guy was drafted most draft experts thought he was the best pitcher in that draft...that looks silly now, but Kershaw and Lincecum didn't blow out their arms instantly, either. Lincoln only regained his velocity this year.
As I said when I posted earlier. I think we made a fantastic trade for the long term success of our club. We have almost zero quality young relievers except for Villanueva and Janssen. This gives us at the very LEAST a dominant setup man/Closer for the next 3-4 years for Snider.

That being said, I can see something like what happened with Morrow happening. Stretch him out next year, Give him a bunch of starts and let our pitching coaches work their magic. Morrow-Lincoln-Romero-Hutch-Alvarez/Drabek is pretty good.