View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 01:00 AM
  #90
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,136
vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
So he potentially could get a third pitch back or is that highly unlikely? Coming out of the pen would be easier to develop that 3rd pitch too wouldn't it?
Honestly I highly doubt it, but weirder things have happened. As I said he's pitching at what is clearly 100% right now for the first time since that draft...but you're playing with fire. 91.5% of his pitches this year have either been fastballs or curveballs...and the other 8.5% have tended to land in the Allegheny River. His changeup is so bad and has been for so long that I don't see it magically clicking any time soon. Unless he adds a completely new pitch to his repertoire over the off-season I really don't see him developing a third one this year. The writing was on the wall for him as a starter as he couldn't develop that changeup last year and just stopped using it this year (4.5% of his pitches this year being changeups...and I can guarantee those were all in his starts).

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline