View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 01:22 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I agree with axecrew. Why would you sign a deal with an NHL team and then break it? They usually only want guys who are good enough, mentally mature enough to leave their home countries, language and customs behind, to come over here and develop their game. A lot of guys stay over in Europe for an extra season so they don't get rushed into the North American style game on the smaller ice.

Your question seems to be asking about the opposite of what I have observed in the last 10 years. Milwaukee (Nashville affiliate) had 4 guys from Finland on the team last season. One will return there this year. One was an RFA after 4 years who signed with Severstal Cherepovets . The other two are expected to return to Milwaukee.

Patrick Cehlin of Sweden signed a three-year two-way deal with Nashville. I expect to see him in Milwaukee this season.
I know it's an affiliation but technically they signed with the NHL team with ELC deals. What if they were good enough and in the N already and have proved themselves? What is going to the A going to do for them this time around?

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote