View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 01:43 AM
TwistedWrister90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
His fearsome 2 goals in 28 games last season don't exactly mark a guy who belongs in the top-6 of any team that can truly be called a contender.
i guess i see where you're coming from, but that carcillo kane hossa line was pretty damn good.

extremely balanced. hossa's scoring and great two way play, kane's vision, playmaking, and finding hossa for the shot, and carcillo there to protect kane and even hossa if he needs it. you know people aren't going to go after them as much with carcillo on the ice. and the less kane is intimidated, the more productive he gets. plus carcillo has some skill for an agitator. had 11 pts, was +10, had 76 hits in 28 games, solid skating, at least enough to keep up. was on pace for like 35-40 points. and like someone else said, great on the forecheck cause you know kane isn't going into any corners or coming up big along the boards.

that's why i'd almost prefer kane at center. he's so good in open ice, at creating chances, and isn't so great along the boards. the more he has control of the puck, the better. with hossa on his right, his lack of D wouldn't be as much of a problem. plus he can still improve in that area. you don't need to be tough necessarily to be productive in the D zone and at backchecking

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote