View Single Post
Old
04-24-2006, 08:12 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Here's what I think, now I'm just basing this on regardless of what happens in this season. I didn't want to post this until after the season.

We are guarenteed, for at least 1 more season, having the player that some consider the best player in the world on our team.

The Flyers owe it to Peter Forsberg to give it their best shot not know his fate beyond next season, whether he goes to another team here, or back to Sweden.

This means throwing caution to the wind and doing what we have to do to put the best possible team on the ice. Trading some prospects, draft picks, even players currently on our roster.

I'm not saying trade Richards and Niittymaki and Carter and Umberger (they definetaly should not and will not) and whoever else, but if we can ice a team geared toward this NHL, stay under the cap then this organization has to do it. Even if it means putting Richards and Umberger on the 4th line and keeping some guys in the AHL, that might otherwise get a shot (Downie).
I wouldn't do that. After your last shot next year, the team would have to be retooled anyways, bu tthis time you wouldn't have any prospects to fill holes on the roster

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote