: Confirmed with Link:
DaCosta re-signed (1yr, 2-way)
View Single Post
07-31-2012, 04:44 AM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Off the banana farm
All I have to say is:
Martin St. Louis
... 5'8" weighing in at a monstrous 176 lbs.... WET!! (as per TSN)
- 4 years of NCAA stardom
- a few years in the AHL
went undrafted and invited to training camp by the Ottawa Senators... who subsequently dismissed him.
- signed as a free agent by the Calgary Flames
- In 2000, after ripping up the AHL for many years, was released by Craig Button (general manager of the Flames) and then signed as a free agent by Tampa Bay. (Basically three and half years of AHL and IHL duty)
NHL tenure with the Lightning includes: (minus a handful of games and points while called up for Calgary)
- Total NHL games played : 931
- NHL goals scored: 323
- NHL assists: 529
- Total NHL points: 852
- Trophies include: Lady Byng x 2, Art Ross (leading scorer), Hart Trophy (MVP),
- Success at the World Championships and the Olympics for Team Canada
- proven playoff performer (when Tampa actually makes the playoffs), and...
- FIVE times named to the All-star team.
- Assistant Captain
- He also has a Stanley Cup ring!
Lets not repeat the mistakes of the past. I say we slowly develop Da Costa over time and see how he rounds out. He has the talent, and as St. Louis has proven, you don't need to be the size of John Scott to succeed.
Last edited by Savannah Skunk: 07-31-2012 at
View Public Profile
Savannah Skunk's albums
Find More Posts by Savannah Skunk