View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 08:59 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
See this is the problem with this argument that people keep making on this board over and over again.

Like I said, the LA Kings were garbage for almost two decades. Two decades. They made the playoffs 6 times in 19 years.

Then one year, everything goes right for them and they win a cup.

Now all of a sudden their 'rebuilding' process is 100% legitimate and qualified because of one year? Give me a break.
What has Montreal done since 1993?

Same as Los Angeles has done.

To reiterate something that's not getting through: a lot of us place no value on 8th place finishes that lead to 1st and 2nd round playoff exits. That's right: no value. We're not satisfied with mediocrity.

Quote:
Of which you know, rarely exist in the real world.

They're extremely common actually.

I mean seriously man, do you have no shame in just completely fabricating an argument such as "rarely exist in the real world" ?? That's totally false, you have no idea if it's true or false, and you post that because you want to pretend you have a clue?

Why don't you just write that you don't know?

Quote:
Of course I did.
Which makes you dishonest. If you pick your borders to give you the answer you want then you're making a false statistical test. You need to pick your borders before knowing the answer.

Quote:
Actually, the chance of LA winning the cup next year are quite low. With the exception of Pittsburgh and Detroit that one year, no team since the lockout has made it past the first round the following year after winning the cup. Hell, 3 have missed the playoffs altogether.
The point remains. The odds of LA winning the cup next year are much higher than the odds of the Habs winning the cup.

Quote:
If you noticed, I edited my post with a qualifier about Cammy, Gill and Kosty. About half way through last season, the only missing players were Halak, Bergeron, Moore and Hammer. Big whoop. 4 players on a 22 man roster.
Those players are extremely important.

Halak is the one that beat Washington and Pittsburgh, and Hamrlik was the number 1 dman who played effectively in all situations. Bergeron was the triggerman for the powerplay, and we no longer have triggerman.

You're clearly one of those Habs fans that underrated Hamrlik.