Thread: Confirmed with Link: Alfie's back!
View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 09:18 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Family man Alfie is torn obviously and the suggestion that he is staying on to whoop it up with the boys is dumb-but he has built his life around hockey for so long and leaving it is hard...look at the players who try to come back a year or two afer retirement.

But its good to know that his wife and boys support this decision and lets hope there are no concussions this year or any injuries that wil affect his life after hockey.

So good to have him back!
I think some people have this belief that being on the road is one giant party...

...and it is, when you're a 20-25 year old player without a family and life commitments so you got money and time to burn.

But when you're older, the road becomes this mundane lifestyle where you just do your job and then maybe grab a dinner with co-workers and then back to your hotel so you can talk to your wife and kids and get some sleep before hitting the road again. Trust me when I tell you that the older a player gets, the less appealing road trips are. Unless it's the Florida swing where you get to play golf for three days.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote